COVID-19: One positive patient escapes from quarantine facility
One of the eight Guineans who tested positive for the coronavirus (COVID-19) has escaped from the quarantine facility housing all persons who tested positive for the virus.
Northern Regional Minister, Salifu Saeed said the patient who is in her early 20s, scaled over a wall leaving behind her belongings on Monday, March 30, 2020.
According to the Minister, he saw the situation as a disturbing situation since the escapee had tested positive for COVID-19.
“Since yesterday, up till this morning, I have not slept, with my security people. I directed that they should use all their networks to be able to track the persona down and get her,” Mr Saeed told the media.
According to reports, the guest house dedicated to monitoring infected persons who were housing the infected person was being guarded by two police and two soldiers.
Although the situation seems to be a worrying one, The Regional Minister has urged citizens to remain calm as security officers will look into the matter.
“Our people are safe… we are working very hard to ensure that the people don’t get too panicked. Nobody should be afraid because the security personnel is on top of the issues.”
Already, unconfirmed reports from the community suggest that the missing patient has been found in a community near Kumbungu.
However, authorities say they are yet to confirm the new development coming from residents in the community.
What has the Ghana government been up to?
Two Burkinabe’s tested positive for the virus alongside the eight Guineans. They had come into Ghana from Burkina Faso.
Meanwhile, the government has said plans are being made for these foreign nationals to be sent back to their home countries for treatment.
These 10 are part of the number of confirmed coronavirus cases in the Northern Region so far.